The Shire of Darkstone
Beltaine by the Bay
Attack of the Fairies
Saturday May 16th, 2009
- Site: $5.00 with Lunch!
- Feast: $7
- Children Under 5 Eat for free with a paying adult
On the table:
oynon soupe (with a vegetable broth base) sallat
Rosted Venyson & Porke [Vegetarian option available] various sauces
roasted potatoes & root vegetables
honeyed fruit (plums/apricots/etc)
** Very tentative. SCA time applies here. Except in rapier; they're usually on time.
- Friday: Site opens at 4pm for Camping and Setup.
- 7.30am: Site Setup
- 8.00am: Site/Troll opens
- 9.00am: Rapier List field opens for Inspections and Warmups; Authorizations at MiC's pleasure
- 9.00pm: Armored Combat list field opens for Inspections and Warmups; Authorizations based on MiC bribery
- 9a-12pm: Authorizations. This is a definitive time.
- 11:30am to 1:30pm: Lunch served at the Large Pavilion
- 11:15am: Scavenger Hunt
- 1.30pm: Rapier Tournaments and classes
- 2.30pm: Armored Combat Tournament and classes
- 4.00pm: Scavenger Hunt Closes
- 4.30pm: Both lists close and feast setup/seating begins.
- 5.00pm: Feast and Fairy Tale Competition, Dancing, Revel.
- Sunday: Cleanup and site close by dark.
- There will be authorizations for youth to fight as adults.
- There will likely be games of the varied sort; be prepared for field announcements for classics such as "Cutest Buns in Darkstone!"
- You can camp on site, but with reguards to local regulations. Municipal policies and site changes overrode our wishes on this one. There is, however, plenty of crash space with members in town.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of the below individuals. Over half of them live together, so information is often shared.
Those in Charge:
Ken and Beth (715-292-7303)
Riva (Becca) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lord Felix (715-209-5656)
Lod Tomas Bjornson (906 364 5126)
Address is park road (off of Turner Road) in Ashland, WI. Take your best route to US Hwy 2 in Ashland WI. The site is on the West end of town. Just outside of town, turn
South onto Turner Road (look for SCA signs). There is only one way to turn, the other way you get wet! Then, turn right onto Park Road (look for Prentice Park signs) and follow the road until you end
up on site. You will see an open playground and a permanent pavilion.
Link to map location:
See you There!